Words From The Master: 10 Best David Ogilvy Quotes
1. "What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form."
2. "The more informative your advertising, the more persuasive it will be."
3. "The consumer isn't a moron; she is your wife."
4. "Much of the messy advertising you see on television today is the product of committees. Committees can criticize advertisements, but they should never be allowed to create them."
5. "Don't bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals."
6. "It takes a big idea to attract the attention of consumers and get them to buy your product. Unless your advertising contains a big idea, it will pass like a ship in the night. I doubt if more than one campaign in a hundred contains a big idea."
7. “If you can’t advertise yourself, what hope have you being able to advertise anything else.”
8. “If you have a truly big idea, the wrong technique won’t kill it. And if you don’t have a big idea, the right technique won’t help you”
9. “Every 4 weeks I’d send personalized mailings to our new business prospects. And I was always amazed to discover how many of our clients had been attracted to Ogilvy and Mather by those mailings. That is how we grew”
10. “I hate rules”